Thursday, November 20, 2008

Great Trip

It was a great time relaxing in San Diego over the weekend with our friends Mitch and Mary Martin from Colorado. The weather was perfect, 85 and sunny. We stopped by my favorite little greasy spoon called "The Night and Day Cafe" on Saturday morning. It is in Coronado on orange avenue and they have the best food, in my humble opinion. 
On Sunday it was sad leaving San Diego and our friends however I was going down south for training, so we drove over to Phoenix (5 hrs), and stayed there while I attended class. Kristi stayed at the Hotel by the pool mostly while I was in class. She did walk over and do some shopping at a local mall, anyway I digress.
The first two days of training were for the Master shutter installer. It was very cool I feel much more confident in ordering and installing specialty shape shutters. you know like circles, arches, angle tops etc... These can be very overwhelming and most sales people tell there clients to leave the arch open because it looks better, but in reallity they just are afraid to install shuch an odd shape. Specialty shaped shutters are one of the most lucrative window shades there is. I can't wait to go out and sell some of these. 
Day three was for motorization and home automation. This class was really cool too. At this point I can install ther shade and wire it to a home automation system which then can tell the shade what to do. So in reality, right now you could be reading this article and remember you left your shades up in the family room  log onto your home automation system from the internet and lower your shades. I can set up a light sensor so the shades go down when the sun comes up. It is really cool stuff. 
These are the two areas that I am trying to become an expert in. I feel anyone can install a blind but not anyone wants to install these as it takes much more skill to do so. 
I will be back soon God Bless!
 

No comments: