Monday, December 1, 2008

What am I doing?

I am wondering why I decided to start this business in shuch a volitile economy. Then I think it was doing fine in the beginning so, maybe it is me that is ruining this business. I think I am doing what it takes to be sucessfull but maybe I am not. Is it normal to have doubts when in business, even if you think your doing what it takes to be a sucess.
I am very proud of myself I just modified a 20 year old pleated shade to work with a modern day cord lock. It took some modification but I helped the owner of the shade save a few hundred dollars and that is one of the reasons I am doing what I do. It should last at least two years before needing to be fixed again. Hopefully they will have budgeted in some money for new shades by then.
It is amazing how few people budget for window coverings even when they buy a home that has no window treatments at all. Then they want the cheapest blinds they can get and they say " we will get new ones in a few years" then they keep these "temporary" blinds forever. That is why I am repairing some mini blinds 15 years later for the 10th time. Most people do not realize they can put the cost of new blinds into their home mortgage that way they can get the quality they want up front.
Hopefull things will pick up here soon. Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you I know you have a damaged shade in your home, and yes I can repair it!

1 comment:

Blind Recycler said...

I did spell check it must not have been working sorry!